There are a lot of people looking for love in the new year. (PS: Valentines Day is just six weeks away!)
In fact, Match.com is calling Sunday, January 8, “Dating Sunday.” The online dating site says that day will be the busiest time of the year for online dating—with a 42 percent spike in new singles expected to come to their site alone.
Over the next six weeks there will be over:
- 50 million messages sent using online dating apps
- 5 million new photos uploaded
- 1 million dates taking place.
And that’s just with online dating. That doesn’t count the hottie you met at the bar last weekend.
So what are the best online dating sites out there? We asked to our relationship expert and personal matchmaker Jennifer Styers to dish on the answer to this question.
Jennifer says Match.com has been around for a long time. They’re a tried and true site, in her opinion.
As an unpaid relationship consultant for Match, Jennifer says she has seen the behind-the-scenes workings of their business model. They put a lot of emphasis on making sure the people using their site are who they say they are.
Swipe left. Swipe right. The Tinder app has to be the easiest and fastest way to meet people online.
Jennifer says she gets a lot of positive feedback from people who use this app. She loves it because it gives women more power than men in choosing the match.
As a personal matchmaker, Jennifer always tells people—both men and women—to be extra safe when they’re online dating.
Here are her top tips for not getting catfished (or worse) when you’re meeting someone from online:
- Know what you’re looking for.
- Once you connect with someone, do your homework. Ask lots of questions. Don’t get cat-fished, or worse.
- Meet in public. Don’t let your date pick you up at your home and don’t put yourself in a position to be alone with that person.